The Very Best Caramel Apples
02/02/2013 at 16:25 pm
You will need:
One 5 lb. Peters Caramel Loaf
1 lb. white candy coating (Merckens or Peters)
2 dozen apples, dry and at room, temperature (Granny Smith or other tart, firm apple is best)
Assorted decorations (nuts, candies, etc)
2# Cello Bags
Crimps or curling ribbon to secure
Instructions:1. Heat caramel to approximately 175 degrees.
2. Add white coating, stirring to combine. Stir until smooth.
3. Push Sticks into apples.
4. Dip apples into caramel candy mixture, and remove with a twisting motion to minimize bubbles and “feet” (drips off bottom of the apple.
5. Decorate as desired, with nuts, molded chocolate shapes, or drizzle with different colored melted candy coatings, etc.
6. Place in jumbo baking cup and allow to set up completely.
7. Place in Cello Bag and tie or crimp. Add decorative ribbon, if desired.